Deadline for Application: November, 6 2018 at 14 pm.
The deadline for applications for the Chevening Scholarship, aimed at raising future leaders around the world by the UK government, is November 6. British Embassy Communications and Responsible Undersecretary of the project Najma Bouakaz to-Khan, accompanied by embassy officials Hande Coşkunlar Çelikel and Sanem Çiçekoğlu through talks in various provinces in Turkey are providing information about postgraduate opportunities in the UK.
Bouakaze-Khan said the following about the Chevening Scholarship, which has been in force since 1983:
The program continues in more than 160 countries and regions. More than 50,000 graduates have been awarded worldwide. Chevening Scholarships are an international scholarship program that aims to educate future leaders around the world. Appropriate candidates selected by British embassies in the world have the opportunity to provide access to a special vocational network, workshops, seminars, internships and volunteer opportunities by covering the costs of tuition fees, living expenses, visa fees and round-trip air tickets. Chevening graduates now have leadership positions in many areas such as politics, business, media, civil society and law.
Bouakaze-Khan, Chevening Scholarship sought for the characteristics of perseverance, leadership and a strong academic history, he added:
Applications for the 2019-2020 academic year will end on November 6, 2018 at 14.00. Some of the features are as follows;
- Being a Turkish citizen.
- After completing his education, to stay in Turkey at least 2 years.
- To have an undergraduate degree to be accepted into a master’s program in the UK.
- To have completed 2 years work experience requirement at the time of application.
- To apply at least 3 programs accepted by the scholarship management in UK universities and to fulfill the unconditional acceptance requirement until July 11, 2019.
- To fulfill English language proficiency requirement by 11 July 2019 at the latest. The valid notes are IELTS Academic 6.5, PearsonPTE Academic 58, TOEFL IBT 79, C1 Advanced-1 76, Trinity ISE – II (B2).
- In order to attend a one-year graduate program, only applications via www.chevening.org/turkey are accepted.